Published on November 17th, 2012 | by John I.0
Advantages and Benefits on Windows 8 Smartphones
Smartphones currently have the fiercest battles when it comes to operating system rivalry battles. Windows 8 is the newest operating system that has been launched and it is meant to compete with IOS and Android.
What you need to ask yourself is whether it is worth switching to the new operating system. The Windows 7 was created in late 2010 when the Microsoft decided to revamp Windows Mobile. This was because the company was looking for a better way of displaying their devices and wares. They also came up with Windows 7.5 which also allows manufacturers to affordable windows phone handsets that support it such as Nokia Lumia 710. The Windows Phone 8 comes with a variety of features which are all geared towards ensuring that the OS stands up to its competitors.
Information on the OS
People who use Windows phone devices get a new experience since it has a Live Tile interface which operates vertically as opposed to Android and iOS phones.
- Live tiles usually have the most recent news which updates automatically and you can take a quick glance without having to open any app.
- It also allows you to use Internet Explorer which is one of the most popular Microsoft web browsers. You also get to carry out your searches through Bing Search.
- This phone also has Microsoft services that you will not find on other phones. You get a chance to make use of Word, Excel, Powerpoint and even OneNote which allow you to edit documents and even gain access to Xbox avatar.
- Microsoft has come up with a Windows phone 8 which is able to work with PCs and Windows tablets and they allow better hardware support which allows the creation of affordable phones.
The Windows Phone 8 has other features which make it perform against other competitors such as Android and iOS. The features of Window Phone 8 include:
- Multi-core support- Compared to iOS and Android devices which have dual-core and at times quad-core processors, Windows 8 has multi-core processor which gives it an edge over the rest in terms of performance.
- Windows 8 is flexible which allows the manufacturers to create devices which have greater resolution as compared to Windows 7 and 7.5 which had one screen resolution. Their devices can compete with Samsung Galaxy and iPhone 5 with Nokia Lumia 920 having 720p HD display.
- Removable memory is one advantage that Windows 8 offers. They come in the form of SD cards which can be used to carry pictures, movies and even music. The only devices which lack the ability to use removable microSD cards are Nokia Lumia 920 and HTC 8X.
- The Windows phones handsets do not need to plug onto a computer for you to carry out an upgrade. This can be done over Wi-Fi or even 3G/4G. The Windows 8 also has features such as re-sizable tiles that can be used on kids’ corner or the home screen. You can also create a secure area for children features.
The phones that support Windows phone 8.
Many people were disappointed when they learnt that the Windows Phone 8 features by Microsoft could only be supported by new devices. This confined them to minimal support for their older version. As it stands the handsets that are able to support it include Samsung Atv S, HTC 8X, HTC 8S, Nokia Lumia 920 and Nokia Lumia 820.
These handsets are all hitting the market with the ability to support Windows Phone 8. The older versions such as Nokia Lumia 800 which had Windows 7 or 7.5 can now be upgraded to 7.8 which has more features and is more flexible.