Published on July 24th, 2012 | by John I.
Cloud Hosting Benefits for SMBs
If you are running a small or medium-sized business you may need to move to cloud computing. Like any other system it has its drawbacks but they outweigh its benefits by far especially when it comes to small and medium businesses. Some of the benefits of cloud computing to small and medium businesses include:
- It reduces technology expense cloud computing will save you the money you would have used to buy physical devices for data storage such as storage hardware, back ups and files. You therefore have more money to buy only what you really need. This also means more savings which is every business man’s wish.
- You can access your data from anywhere cloud computing is very useful if you are a very mobile business man or if your business involves travelling. You can use several devices to access the information in your computer. For example if a client needs an invoice and you are away from the office you can send it through you mobile phone. Now that is technology.
- You can stop using it when you no longer need it unlike hardware and back ups where you incur costs whether you use it or not. If you stop using it the cost is already incurred. In cloud computing there is no commitment. This enables you to scale your IT needs to just what you need.
- You do not need an administrator to make sure things run smoothly in your business. Being in a small business the cash to hire people would rather be saved so go for cloud computing and improve the efficiency of running your business.
- You can use multiple versions of one software for the same program. That is why you can use several devices to access the same information i.e. a laptop, a desk top and a tablet. That is what cloud computing does for your small business.
- It is easier to collaborate with colleagues in distant locations. This helps in reducing costs of traversing from one place to another and also helps your business to have strong networking way. This also helps if your employees are in different places. Your employees can even work from home.
- It reduces your reliance on IT based technology that is known to crash and lose all the information that is so vital or even get destroyed by power surges. Reduce these risks by using cloud computing. They are not good for small businesses.
- Cloud computing saves energy costs. You no longer need to have all those power consuming servers in your office. Cut down your power bills by use of cloud computing.
Most large companies have moved to cloud computing since they have realized that it is cost-effective, agile and easy to use. If cloud computing has worked for these companies then it will definitely work for small and medium-sized enterprises. These benefits will enable small businesses to focus more on productivity, be more collaborative and bring products to the market more easily, since they can now access the services and infrastructure that only big companies used to have.
Biljana is a tech blogger and writing publishing useful information for Small and Medium Businesses as well as latest news on cloud server apps implementation for improved project results.